Brian has been an instrumental part of our extended team across multiple clients for more than 2 years. Whether we need his support for developing executive summaries, scientific platforms, or diving into the literature, Brian always delivers high quality work in a timely manner. He is professional and an absolute pleasure to work with!
Brian always provides thorough and timely edits on a diverse range of grant proposals. He consistently gets excellent reviews from our faculty.
His choices were always good, and his writing was clear, concise, accurate, and on deadline. I recommend him highly.
“I have worked with Brian on a number of scientific editing projects over the past 2 years and been very satisfied with his work. He is a doctoral level scientist with an understanding of a wide range of subjects. Not only is the editing well-done, but he is attentive to detail and carefully points out other things such as inconsistencies or vague statements. He is also responsive and timely, and I look forward to continuing to work with him.”
Brian Richardson is a thoughtful and an organized scientist capable of thinking outside his field. He is also an exceptional communicator who can breakdown complex concepts for consumption by scientist outside his field and for non-scientists. He is a fantastic mentor and a colleague. He was a pleasure to work with. I give Brian my highest recommendation.
I am a medical writer with over twenty years of experience in the biomedical sciences. My mission is to bring clarity to scientific and medical information for the benefit of physicians, patients, and caregivers.
Freelance Writing Experience
- Medical Affairs/Medical Education, Various Clients (2012 - present)
- Create, edit, and annotate medical education materials for major pharmaceutical companies
- Wide variety of topics, including oncology, allergy/asthma, pulmonary disease, rare disease, and infectious disease.
- Work under deadlines based on customer communication and medical-legal requirements
- Medical News Writing, Univadis (2015 - 2020)
- Created daily summaries for a physician audience. Topics included head and neck cancer, endocrinology, dermatology, stroke, breast cancer, and rare cancers
- Appropriate tagging and promotional language to drive readership
- Academic Editing, Various Clients (2012 - 2020)
- Edited academic papers and research grants
- Wide variety of topics, including stem cells, neurology, and cancer
- Freelance Medical Writer, Richardson Medical Writing LLC (2012 - present)
- Senior Research Associate, Oregon Health & Science University (2014 - 2015)
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, New York University, New York, NY (2008 - 2012)
- Graduate Research Assistant, Weill Graduate School at Cornell University, New York, NY (2002 - 2008)
- PhD in Molecular and Cell Biology, Weill Graduate School at Cornell University, New York, NY (2008)
- BA in Biology, Pomona College, Claremont, CA (2000)