I am a medical writer with over fifteen years of experience in the biomedical sciences.
My mission is to bring clarity to scientific and medical information for the benefit of scientists, physicians, and patients.
Freelance Writing Experience
- Medical News Writing, Univadis (2015 – present)
- Create daily summaries for a physician audience. Current topics: head and neck cancer, endocrinology, dermatology. Past topics: stroke, breast cancer, rare cancers.
- Appropriate tagging and promotional language to drive readership
- Promotional Medical Education, Various Clients (2012 – present)
- Create, edit, and annotate marketing medical education materials for major pharmaceutical companies
- Wide variety of topics, including oncology, allergy/asthma, pulmonary disease, infectious disease.
- Work under deadline based on customer communication and medical-legal requirements
- Academic Editing, Various Clients (2012 – present)
- Edit academic papers and research grants
- Wide variety of topics, including stem cells, neurology, and cancer
- Freelance Medical Writer (2012 – present)
- Senior Research Associate, Oregon Health & Science University (2014 – 2015)
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, New York University, New York, NY (2008 – 2012)
- Graduate Research Assistant, Weill Graduate School at Cornell University, New York, NY (2002 – 2008)
- PhD in Molecular and Cell Biology, Weill Graduate School at Cornell University, New York, NY (2008)
- BA in Biology, Pomona College, Claremont, CA (2000)
- NBIA Disorders Research Grant (2015)
- NIH NRSA Postdoctoral Fellowship (2009-2012)
- Woltjer RL, Reese LC, Richardson BE, Tran H, Green S, Pham T, Chalupsky M, Gabriel I, Light T, Sanford L, et al. (2015). Pallidal neuronal apolipoprotein E in pantothenate kinase-associated neurodegeneration recapitulates ischemic injury to the globus pallidus. Mol Genet Metab 116, 289-97. PMID: 26547561
- Metzger T, Gache V, Xu M, Cadot B, Folker ES, Richardson BE, Gomes ER, and Baylies MK (2012). MAP and kinesin-dependent nuclear positioning is required for skeletal muscle function. Nature 484, 120-124. PMID: 22425998
- Richardson BE and Lehmann R (2010). Mechanisms guiding primordial germ cell migration: strategies from different organisms. Nature Reviews Molecular Cell Biology 11, 37-49. PMID: 20027186
- Richardson BE, Nowak S, and Baylies MK (2008). Myoblast fusion in fly and vertebrates: New genes, new processes and new perspectives. Traffic 9, 1050-1059. PMID: 18435820
- Richardson BE, Beckett K, and Baylies MK (2008). Visualizing new dimensions in Drosophila myoblast fusion. BioEssays, 30, 423-431. PMID: 18404690
- Richardson BE, Beckett K, and Baylies MK (2008). Live imaging of Drosophila myoblast fusion. Methods in Molecular Biology, 475, 263-274. PMID: 18979249
- Richardson, BE, Beckett K, Nowak SJ, and Baylies MK (2007). SCAR/WAVE and Arp2/3 are crucial for cytoskeletal remodeling at the site of myoblast fusion. Development 134, 4357-4367. PMID: 18003739